What Makes a CARUP Vehicle Certified?
- CARUP certified vehicles must meet or exceed exacting inspection/reconditioning standards in order to be called a CARUP certified vehicle.
- CARUP certified vehicles receive a comprehensive vehicle inspection that scrutinizes all major vehicle systems including engine, transmission, drivetrain, brakes, steering, suspension, heating and cooling systems, tires and exhaust system. CARUP certified vehicle owners will receive a completed Pre-owned vehicle Inspection Report.
- CARUP has Used Vehicle Technicians, who have completed CARUP certified training on exacting standards, perform a comprehensive inspection/reconditioning process.
Quality Control Evaluation
- CARUP is randomly evaluated by an independent third party to ensure compliance with the strict CARUP certified standards.
Peace of Mind
- CARUP certified vehicles go through a comprehensive vehicle history evaluation to assure that your CARUP certified vehicle does not contain a Department of Motor Vehicle (DMV) report of incidents such as salvage, fire, flood damage, odometer problems or lemon history.
- CARUP certified vehicles receive a “clean” vehicle title report.
- CARUP certified vehicle owners will receive a CARUP certified Limited Warranty which provides complete coverage details including: what’s covered, what’s not covered, coverage period, maintenance requirements and instructions should a breakdown occur.
Value Added Benefits
- CARUP certified vehicle owners will receive a membership to Road America’s AutoAssist Program. Benefits include roadside assistance.
- CARUP certified vehicles qualify for an optional vehicle service contract. For even greater peace of mind, you might want to consider purchasing this optional coverage. It picks up where the limited warranty leaves off, with such valuable benefits as:
- Higher level of coverage and/or extended coverage
- Emergency Roadside Assistance for the term of the vehicle service contract
- Rental Reimbursement for the term of the vehicle service contract
CARUP Certified Warranty
- A deductible per visit will apply.
- If your vehicle is kept in a repair facility overnight for covered repairs, rental coverage is provided.
- Maintenance Requirements : Your vehicle must be serviced receiving all scheduled maintenance as recommended by the manufacturer’s Owner’s Manual.
- Maintenance Record Retention : You must retain copies of all completed repair orders showing the maintenance services performed during the coverage period.
- Repair Requirements : You must return to CARUP or their affiliate for covered repairs. If traveling away from home, contact CARUP for directions to the nearest authorized repair facility.
NOTE: Failure to follow maintenance requirements and maintenance record retention section of the CARUP Certified limited Warranty may void coverage.
For More Information
- Ask the dealership’s sales associate to review the CARUP Certified Limited Warranty.